Three people died from smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in their home in downtown Lima early this morning.
Firefighters rushed the victims to the nearby Arzobispo Loayza hospital. The emergency medics were able to save a five-year old girl, Anahí, but her parents and sister died from smoke inhalation.
The victims were Jose Antonio Mori, 34, and Carmen Prado, 33, who was seven months pregnant, and their 14-year-old daughter.
The initial investigation showed the fire was caused by a candle. Neighbors told the firefighters that the family had been using candles since a short circuit cut their electricity supply over a month ago.